The Guardian and Washington Post reported this week that the National Security Agency (NSA) have secretly gathered intelligence from the world's largest internet companies, such as Apple, Google, Facebook and Microsoft. However, the general media's condemning viewpoints about PRISM don't necessarily reflect the views of the general public...
A few points to consider:
- You are naive if you think that what goes on behind the scenes and what governments tell the general public are the same thing; partly to protect the nation.
- The agencies involved in collecting data are not doing so to find out if you lied to your employer or cheated on your partner, but solely to prevent future incidents of terrorism
- Don't blame tech companies! If government agencies ask for stuff, they are going to get it. Bill Gates on the issue; "If there's a court order for companies to do things it's typical that they're obeyed." Would you fight the government (PRISM) if they asked for access to your business?
- Don't do bad things then you'll have nothing to hide
- Stop posting shit all day about every thought that pops into your head before counting the likes, retweets and favorites in order to feel good about yourself. Don't write stuff if you're worried about people reading it!
Here are a few news links: